Representing and protect the interest of employers.
- Gaps on Labour Laws
- Skills and Development Levy ( SDL)
- Multiplicity of regulatory agencies and regulations
- Social Security Issues
- Multiplicity of Taxes, Charges and Fees
- Skills Development
- Minimum Wages
- Labour Productivity
- Taxes on Salaries
- Work/ Residents Permits
Policy advocacy achievements
- Reduction of OSHA Levy from TZS 2,000,000 to TZS 1,000,000 imposed on Salt producers and abolishment Registration fee for Salt mining centre;
- Reduction of the Corporate Income Tax rate from 30% to 20% for new investors in the Pharmaceutical and Leather industries for five years starting from year 2018/19 up to 2022/23.
- Reduction of tax on salaries (Pay as You Earn-PAYE) from 11 percent to 9 percent in year 2016. This puts employers at a good position when negotiating salaries with their prospective employees.
- Reduction of Skills and Development Levy (SDL) from 6 percent to 4.5 percent, there are ongoing advocacy efforts aimed at lowering the levy down to 2 percent.