You are here

At present the ATE has over 1000 registered members, of whom 70 per cent are based in Dar es Salaam and the remaining 30 per cent are scattered in the regions of Mainland Tanzania. The members are classified in the following 8 divisions:  

  • Agriculture Division
  • Commerce Division
  • Industry Division
  • Mining Division
  • Banking and Finance Division
  • Oil & Gas Division
  • Utilities & Services Division
  • Private Security Division

Membership of ATE is open to all employers, whether individuals, partnerships, companies, public corporations, local and other public authorities or associations of employers.

Membership Application

Download  membership form  Download Here

Once you have filled the form, please deliver it to the address below and we will get in contact with you.

Association of Tanzania Employers,
Plot No. 692,
Mikocheni B Coca Cola Road

P.O Box 2971, Dar es Salaam

Online Application  Apply Now.

ATE represents employers’ in policy formulation in the following labour related issues which have a bearing on labour and industrial relations:

(a) The Labour Advisory Board
This is established under 3.3 of the Employment Ordinance Cap. 366 and is charged with the responsibility of advising the Minister responsible for Labour and labour matters.

(b) The Minimum Wage Board
This is established under the Regulation of Wages and Terms of Employment Ordinance Cap. 300 and is charged with advising the Minister for Labour on minimum wage and terms of employment;

(c) The Industrial Court (former Permanent Labour Tribunal)
ATE is required under the law to provide Assessors who sit with the Chairman in sessions of the court.

(d) The Vocational Education and Training Authority (VETA)
This advises the Minister responsible for labour on Vocational Training matters. ATE is represented on its Board by two members.

(e) The National Institute for Productivity (NIP)

Under the act which established the NIP, ATE provides one member of the Board of Directors of this Institute.

ATE is also represented in the following Boards:

(f) National Social Security Fund (NSSF) Board

(g) Parastatals Pensions Fund (PPF) Board

(h) Labour Economic and Social Council (LESCO) Board

(i) Commission for Mediation and Arbitration (CMA)

(j) Occupational Safety and Health Authority (OSHA)

(k) National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) Board

(l) Higher Education Students Loan Board (HESLB)

(m) Essential Service Committee

Subscribe Now!

Make sure you Don't miss latest news, trainnings and other events, stay tuned!
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.


  • Plot No. 692, Mikocheni B Coca Cola Road,
    Dar es salaam, Tanzania.
  •  Tel: +255 22 2780022
  •  Tel: +255 22 2780023
  •  Email: